Monday, November 29, 2010

Interactive WhiteBoards

I'm very excited for some of my staff as they will soon be receiving previously loved SmartBoards in their classroom.  A few are excited.  Some are terrified.  Hopefully all will realize that, if used properly and with the right pedagogy, a SmartBoard can be useful as a teaching tool in the classroom.

As the Technology Integration Leader and the AISI leader at my school, I gladly offer my support and knowledge to help these teachers become comfortable with the technology.  I'm even planning a set of after school sessions (or a Friday off), to help.  I think it would even be smart to sign these teachers up for James Hollis' Teacher Online Training.  He's my SmartBoard hero.  His website Teachers Love SMART Boards, and the challenges provided there, was the reason I was able tolearn to use SMART Notebook in 3 days and, as a result, signup for an "Advanced" SmartBoard class.  I was so excited when I had the opportunity to meet him at the Teacher2Teacher conference in Bow Island, Alberta last year.

Anyways, I better get back on topic before I go too crazy. 

I need to spend some time looking for simple but effective interactive websites as well as Notebook files that I can show my staff as starting points.  When I got my smartboard, I started a website to store all of these URLs but haven't been back to update it in a while. 

So, if you have a fabulous resource that I should share with my staff, I would love to check it out.  The staff receiving a smartboard consist of:  Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 5, Grade 6, K&E, High School Science, and High School Applied Math Stream 10-12 (plus grade 9 math)

I'll keep this post short as I really should be planning my math lesson for tomorrow.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on my blog. In order to prevent spam or inappropriate comments, I am moderating comments before posting. If they relate to the post, are thoughtful, and respectful, they will be approved. Please be patient as it may take me up to 24 hours to approve them.

Have a wonderful and mathy day!

Sandi