Friday, June 8, 2012

Chomping Down with "Screen Chomp"

Free
Ipad

I absolutely adore Screen Chomp.  Any time anyone asks me for a great ipad app, it's the first one I share.  Why?  First of all, it's so easy my Kdg niece can use it without help.  The easiest way to use it is to just hit record and then draw on the screen and speak.  When finished, you'll have a perfect recording of what you drew and said!  You can even prepare the screen ahead of time by adding images if you want.  Preview the recording immediately after making it.  Then it's next to nothing to share that recording on twitter, facebook or just grab the link and share that!

What a fabulous tool for schools working with digital portfolios.

How would I use this?  Digital portfolios, assessment for learning, assessment of learning, students creating tutorials for school website, projects, and so on and so on...  Can you imagine having a student reading a passage of text and posting it beside how they did on the same text a month ago?  Students don't even have to be in the room to share their understanding or thinking.  Struggling student?  Watch them thinking through a math problem pre-written on the screen.  My brain goes into overload every time I think about how it can be used in the classroom. 

The second reason I absolutely love this program is that it is completely and utterly free!

Third, as long as you have a wifi connection, you don't have to worry about how to download that video.

So, if you don't add any other app to your ipad, make sure to add this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on my blog. In order to prevent spam or inappropriate comments, I am moderating comments before posting. If they relate to the post, are thoughtful, and respectful, they will be approved. Please be patient as it may take me up to 24 hours to approve them.

Have a wonderful and mathy day!

Sandi